Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

A Quest for Well-Being

Oct 19, 2021

— Having solid mental health doesn’t mean that you never go through bad times or experience emotional problems. We all go through disappointments, loss, and change. And while these are normal parts of life, they can still cause sadness, anxiety, and stress. But just as physically healthy people are better able to bounce back from illness or injury, people with strong mental health are better able to bounce back from adversity, trauma, and stress. This ability is called resilience.

People who are emotionally and mentally resilient have the tools for coping with difficult situations and maintaining a positive outlook. They remain focused, flexible, and productive, in bad times as well as good. Their resilience also makes them less afraid of new experiences or an uncertain future. Even when they don’t immediately know how a problem will get resolved, they are hopeful that a solution will eventually be found.

Valeria Teles interviews Rich Jones — a Therapist, Clinician, Healthcare Entrepreneur, Executive Director, Heritage CARES, And Speaker

Rich has more than 20 years of experience in the behavioral health space, including mental health, substance use disorders (SUD), co-occurring disorders, and intellectual disabilities. He has been the founding CEO of two non-profit organizations and two for-profit businesses dedicated to disrupting the behavioral-health space for the betterment of people in need.

Rich is well respected in the recovery world and a pioneer in the industry. That’s why he was tapped to lead Heritage CARES, a division of Heritage Health Solutions. Rich is passionate about providing quality care and supporting individuals who struggle with stress, substance use, and suicidal ideation. He has built his career on helping people who need the unique, flexible, evidence-based support that our platform delivers.

Traditional, one-size-fits-all methods of addiction recovery support only the 10 percent of people with Substance Use Disorders who can admit they have a problem and reach out for help. Through his leadership of Heritage CARES, we have found a fresh new way to engage and help the other 90% in addition to their families – which is a game changer. Our innovative platform involves virtual support and certified peer coaches who engage and connect with individuals and make recovery attainable. Rich is helping people re-engage in the community and live a good life.

To learn more about Rich Jones and his work, please visit:



— This podcast is a quest for well-being, a quest for a meaningful life through the exploration of fundamental truths, enlightening ideas, insights on physical, mental, and spiritual health. The inspiration is Love. The aspiration is to awaken new ways of thinking that can lead us to a new way of being, being well.